The first liver biopsy has been performed by Adolf Bingel in the year 1923. Since then, biopsy needles started to be fully developed and in the year 1938. Irving Silverman developed a bifid biopsy needle which is considered the "father" of all current tru-cut type biopsy needles. In 1958. Giorgio Menghini developed a vacuum assisted biopsy needle. Nowdays therapy choice is based according to biopsy results.
Introducer needle for coaxial biopsy
Blunt and not cutting tip needle, depth marks, depth stopper and Luer Lock hub. Removable with trocar tip stylet. Echogenic marker: inner
The procedure described is for guidance only. Each physician must, of course, evaluate the appropriateness of the procedure based on their clinical training and experience and the type of procedure to be performed. The needle must be used only once.
1. Inspect the package for damage and expiration date.
2. Examine the device for signs of damage.
3. Check that the product corresponds to the needle to be used.
4. Prep the patient in the standard and customary way for the procedure to be performed.
5. Remove needle protector
6. Advance the needle and perform the procedure
7. After the needle is removed from the patient, recover the drawed sample and dispose of needle in the proper sharps container.
Call us for book an appoitment!