What is Zamar Therapy?
• Customized cold therapy that promotes accelerated healing after an operation or trauma
• The system consists of 3 components:
1. Zamar Device to cool and circulate fluid
2. Wrap that delivers the cold therapy
3. Customized Zamar Protocols to guide therapy
Zamar Therapy is a system designed to accelerate and improve recovery for patients following an operation or trauma. Each complete therapy treatment consists of a series of cold therapy sessions scheduled throughout a patient’s hospital stay. The system consists of 3 parts:
• Zamar Therapy Authorized Dealers will install and maintain the devices
• Each patient receives their own dedicated Wrap
• Sessions can be started, paused, and resumed on any Zamar Therapy unit
• Zamar Therapy will provide training, support, and documentation to train hospital staff on how to implement the system.
• Scientifically developed processes for administering specific temperature paths
• Tailored to type of injury, patient size, and stage of healing
• Feedback controlled for safety and consistency
• Direct point of contact with patient skin
• Circulates cooled fluid from Zamar Device
• Single-patient use for safety and hygiene
• Comfortable for long use
• Optimized for consistent temperature exchange
• CE Class IIa medical device
• Touchscreen interface for programming therapy sessions
• Delivers computer-controlled temperature exchange
• Provides accurate temperature control and stability
Why use the Zamar Therapy?
• Clinical benefits: Significantly reduces swelling and pain and promotes faster recovery of mobility
• Benefits over ice: Ice is rarely at correct temperature, can be painful, and requires regular changing
With Zamar Therapy, patients get the benefits of cold therapy without the drawbacks of other alternatives
• Circulation of fluid provides convection for heat exchange
• Controlled fluid temperatures (>8°C)
• Direct contact with skin
• No risk
• Continuous treatments possibility
• Specific warp conformed to body part
• Large contact surface
• Evenly applied pressure
• Integrated Zamar Protocols
• Specific temperatures for different body parts
• Adapted durations for different body types (S/M/L)
• Easy to use
• Almost no maintenance required
Physiological effects of Zamar Therapy
• Less medication needed to fight pain
• Better VAS pain scores
• Better ROM
• Faster recovery and return to normal activities
• Reduction in LOS
How does the Zamar Therapy work?
• The treatment is designed to treat a number of conditions affecting 9 different body parts
• Each patient receives a series of sessions during their hospital stay: before and after the operation, following physical therapy, and in the evenings for pain management
• Nursing staff, physio’s, ortho/trauma surgeons, and anesthesiology staff are involved in providing treatment
As a tool for speeding and improving recovery processes, Zamar Therapy has applications in post-operative recovery, trauma, and sports medicine. The system has several wraps designed for different body regions.
The sessions should be delivered pre- and post-operation on operation day and after physical therapy (PT) on recovery days, with the option for additional pain management as needed.
Hospital staff responsibilities
Pacemaker and Defibrillator and after surgery complications
It is well known that in the first 24 hours after implantation of pacemaker or defibrillator, there are risks, sometimes considerable due to age, physical shape of the patient or his medical history, to develop major complications that can compromise the patient’s clinical status and lengthen hospital stay as well as increase costs for the hospital.
Hematoma is one of these complications, especially in patients using anticoagulants or antiplatelet, which very rarely can be interrupted before the procedure. In case of hematoma there is also an increased risk of developing infections, which is a more serious complication for the patient and expensive for the hospital.
The risk of infection is related to the hematoma itself as pabulum of germs, and procedures for the overhaul of the pocket that are necessary to evacuate the bulky hematomas. Another important complication is the displacement of the electrodes, which occurs more frequently when the mobilization of the limb is early, and maximum in the first 24 hours. Also this complication requires re-operation, with all the necessary inconvenience for the patient and increased costs and the average length of stay.
CarePace: an innovative solution.
Until now, the patient was instructed not to move the arm for the first 24 hours to avoid the electrodes displacement, and ice was applied locally to prevent hematoma. Zamar developed a containment, cooling and compression wrap system called “CarePace”. These three features of the system, combined into a single device, allow substantial reduction of the above mentioned complications, thus representing a significant savings for the hospital and greater safety and higher comfort for the patient.
CarePace wrap allows mobilization of the arm but not of the shoulder, avoiding the movements with risk of lead displacement.
The device applies a mild compression, adjuvant normal dressing.
CarePace is equipped of internal cooling circuit with possibility of having a constant and controlled temperature at the level of the pacemaker pocket and the subclavian vein puncture site.
The system is sterile, disposable and easy to apply, to be used in the first 24 hours after implantation, to be removed before hospital discharge. It can be easily applied directly to the electrophysiology room immediately after the procedure and administered by the nursing staff.
- Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Società Italiana di Cardiologia
- Cardiology Center,Hospital Circolo & Fondazione Macchi
- Continuous-Flow Cold Therapy After Total Knee Arthroplasty
- The Efficacy of Cryotherapy in the Postoperative Shoulder
- A Comparison of Crushed Ice and Continuous Flow Cold Therapy
- Continuous-Flow Cold Therapy for Outpatient Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Preferences for heat, cold, or contrast in patients with knee osteoarthritis affect treatment response
- Feedback - Testimonials
- ZT Cube & Clinic Manuals
- ZT Cube & Clinic Catalogue
- ZC CarePace Manuals
- ZC CarePace Catalogues
CLINIC & HOSPITAL THERAPY PRODUCTS
+385 52 496 444
Call us for book an appoitment!